Wednesday, July 23, 2008

See You Soon Paul and Trish! Have fun in VA!


There is one thing harder than changing duty stations so often in the military and that is the dreaded moving van in your closet friends driveway. On the one hand, you want to be excited for your friends, be supportive- a new place, a new beginning, new oppertunities, and you of course only want the best for them. On the other hand you want to run screaming after their moving vehicle- Don't go yet! We haven't had enough time yet! There's so much more for us to experience together! And I swear, it never gets easier, whether you are the ones leaving or the ones being left.
To Paul and Trish- There's not many I become close to anymore. Whenever I move somewhere new I know I'll be leaving. In the military, bonding with someone often becomes another heartache for me. Even with you guys i tried to leave some space between us- but it didn't stop the feeling of loss as you pulled out of my driveway this morning. It's not that I didn't want to give you guys all of me, but after every move and every goodbye it becomes harder so staying aloof makes me think I have a little more control. It's stupid, I know, and you guys have reminded me of that. For this, I thank you. For as much as it hurts to see you go I am better for having you in my life. I wish we had become friends sooner but my reluctance to let people in is at fault for that. (I swear I didn't use to be like that! Don't ever be that way!) Thanks for sharing in our life and in my girls' lives. You both will be special to us always. Your friendship has given back a small piece of me,reminding me that the amount of time someone spends in your life is not as important as the quality of that time spent together.
You guys have great things in store for you and you have forever friends in Mitchell and I! I will not say goodbye to you- we will see you soon! Good luck in VA- you will both be great! See you in 8 months and we will talk often! (call me when you get there tonite!!!)
We love you both! Its a little cliche but-
"some people come into our lives and quickly go, others stay awhile and leave footprints in our hearts and we are never the same"

No comments: