Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hey it's Matt


FFFPHEW! Finally a minute to breathe! Hey guys, it's Matt. I've been busy, busy, busy. For the last month I've had 12+ hour days which is a vast change from being in my Primary and Intermediate squadron where it was a busy week if I worked 3 days! Finally, today I am not scheduled! I'm in VT-86 now which is the Advanced Phase squadron, and thank God, the final phase before I get my Wings of Gold. Should be about 6-8 months from now. I'll find out what jet I'll be flying permanently in about 3 months. For now, just for those of you who are curious, I'm training in the T-39 Sabreliner which is pictured here.
Like Jen said, we are sad and happy that our good friends, Paul and Trish, have moved on to bigger and better things. It's hard when people move in and out of our lives to attach to them as strong as we should have, especially when it took a lot to forgive them for coming from North Jersey and being big Yankees fans(BOO...hiss!). We fear the hurt we feel when friends like these leave. But nonetheless, our families grew as great friends here. Paul and Trish, thanks for your friendship. We miss you already. Good luck to you both and we'll see you again, soon.

No comments: