I know everyone has been waiting with bated breath for all the news on Madison's first day of kindergarten (don't try to pretend like you weren't, this is big stuff!) Everything went tearless, even on my part! It was so hectic this morning I didn't have TIME to cry, otherwise I'm sure I would have bawled like a baby! Once you have the pregnancy hormones they never really go away!!
So the morning went almost smoothly. Alarm went off at 6:30, now, usually Gianna would be that alarm, but she seemed to know that we HAD to get up so she decided to sleep in for a change. Husband of course jumped out of bed wondering why in the world he set the alarm for 6:30 when his meeting was at 7:00 not 7:30!! So out the door he ran for his meeting. I walked into the bathroom and when i came out, who is laying in my bed, but the new kindergartener!! (Thank God! I did NOT want to have to wake up that bear). 7:15 came pretty fast and I had to wake up Gianna so we could be on our way. (someone, no names had one back to school responsibility-batteries for the camera. Hmmm..no batteries.) However super mom (yes, thats me i just dont like to wear the cape) was able to squeeze out a few pics in between the camera warnings of NO BATTERY LEFT!!
For the first week of school you are allowed to walk all students in instead of dropping them off in the car lane, so i managed to find the last parking spot on the other side of the school and we hoofed it in. After dropping off classroom donations and putting Madison's stuff away in her cubby I looked around to find her to say goodbye, and that little social butterfly was already busy making friends and done with me! (Here is where a tear could have slipped down but i was busy trying to get a picture of Madison at her desk before the camera turned off again!
Its 7:30 and only 4 and a half hours before I get to check in. Gianna and I volunteered for lunch duty! So at 11:59 Gianna me and Matt (who was home from his meeting) went in to help open drinks and little snack packs. I think i did it more for my sanity than Madison's though I swore it was because it would help her out!
After lunch it was only a short while longer before we hopped in the car lane to pick Madison up at 1:45. She then informed us that she LOVED this school and couldn't wait to go back. only this time, i can drop her off at the car lane. She's a big girl now and doesn't need any help getting to her class. So Im pretty sure I'll be waving to her tommorow with a little blur in the eye!
After school we took her to the plane museum. All in all it was a great first day!
enjoy the pictures.
Monday, August 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment